NINA BEILINA: Violin/Artistic Director
- Studied with Abraham Yampolsky, Julius Eidlin and David Oistrakh.
- Gold Medal at the Enescu International Competition.
- Grand Prix at the Long -Thibaud International Competition.
- Bronze Medal at the Tchaikovsky International Competition.
- Gold Medal in Vercelli, Italy as Musician of the Year in 1983. (Shares this honor with Renata Tebaldi, Arturo Benedetti Michelangeli, and Igor Stravinsky.)
- Currently professor at the Mannes College of Music in New York City.
- In 2007 Bachanalia Taiwan was successfully established. Artistic Director Nina Beilina.
NINA BEILINA in the Press:
“Moscow is the Motherland of the world-famous Russian School which has produced three generations of violinists - Heifetz and Ellman, then Oistrakh and Kogan, and now Beilina…”
- Henryk Szeryng, Soviet Culture
“Russia’s loss is our gain”
- The New York Times
“A violin technique equal to all demands, the phrasing exact yet free as the flight of a bird.”
- London Times
“The hands are on fire”
- Das Orchestra
“Nina Beilina is a violinist, so passionate and exuberant, who at her wish could set fire to the world.”
- Il Tempo
“Music making of such nobility and distinction is rare.”
- Boris Schwarz, Great Masters of the Violin
“Sheer talent must be the main explanation.”
- Patrick Sullivan, Strings